Manhattan Beach’s Little Sister location has been quite a hit that when it was announced to open in Downtown LA, fans rejoiced. When it actually opened and served breakfast, it gained even more popularity. As it primarily offers comfort food, it really makes a case for starting your day with comforting dishes that will set your day back on track if it didn’t get off on the right foot. Fans say that if you didn’t wake up on a nice note, Little Sister’s Breakfast Congee might just be able to fix it. They open at 7 a.m. so you might just have enough time to salvage your day before going to work.
With renowned chef Tin Vuong on the helm, the Little Sister in DTLA offers basically the same theme as its sibling in Manhattan Beach – authentic and “remixed” upscale Asian food. Most of the items are Vietnamese, but it’s not strictly a Vietnamese eatery. The place is small, though, so prepare yourself to be in close quarters with friends or other diners.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Little Sister DTLA (@dinelittlesister) on
What to order:
- Pho Banh Cuon with beef & tendon, herbs, lettuce, pickled onion
- Goi Cuon ‘fresh spring roll’ with shrimp & pork, dipping sauce
- Autumn Roll, sweet potato, jicama, egg, Viet herbs, Chinese sausage, coconut peanut sauce
- Ga Roti, ginger-scallion satay, sweet soy sauce, pickled garlic
- Ga Xao Xa Ot spicy lemongrass chicken, fried garlic & dried chilies
- Bo Kho, marrow, tendons, oxtail, rib meat, baguette & butter
- Saigon Lemongrass Beef, vermicelli noodle, herbs, cucumbers, chili-lime dressing
- Red & Black Rice, mussels, shrimp, octopus, scallop, sausage, confit pork, lime leaf aïoli & okra
Location: 523 W 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017 – Phone: 323.613.1844
Follow Little Sister:
Check out this other amazing Asian joint.