With Chinese restaurants available just about everywhere in LA, a new place needs something unique to stand out. Sure, lots of people love Chinese food, but most of them already have a favorite takeout place near their place, so you really need to be different to compete. And different is actually what Fat Dragon is. Aside from its fast-casual setup, it’s also more than just a Chinese eatery as it’s also a tea bar.
Founded by one of the same people behind Side Chick and RBTA, Fat Dragon is truly a promising Chinese place that’s not just about the food but the ambiance and drinks as well. While the restaurant is pretty minimalist with its industrial concrete floors, bare ceiling, and a few tables, it does have everything you’ll want if you’re hankering for some Chinese food. They even have a nice selection of loose leaf and milk tea, completing the experience. You can pop in either for some food or drink and you’ll step out with a happy tummy and maybe even a chuckle from their custom flavored fortune cookies.
What to order:
- Moo Goo Gai Pan – Mary’s farm chicken breast, shiitake, king oyster, portobello, carrots, snow peas
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce
- Double Cooked Pork Belly – Leek, cabbage
- Honey Walnut Shrimp – Housemade candied walnuts, wonton skins
- Dragon Fried Rice – Chinese sausage, Chinese bacon, kohirabi (go brown rice for $1)
- Tiger Skin Peppers – Anaheim peppers with black bean sauce
Location: 3500 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90026 Phone (323) 667-9193
Follow Fat Dragon: